March 9th to 13th in Rosenheim
General topic: Sustainable Life in the Alps
This year's four subtopics were chosen from the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) that were adopted by all United Nations Member States in 2015. The SDGs superseded the Millennium Development Goals that mainly focused on reducing extreme poverty and hunger in developing countries.
The new Goals are an urgent call for action by all countries – developed and developing – in a global partnership, to end all forms of poverty, fight inequalities and tackle climate change, while ensuring that no one is left behind.
Subtopics (allocated to four committees)
- Improve water quality by reducing pollution
- Increase efficiency of water usage
- Protect water-related natural habitats to ensure good ground water quality
- Empower and promote the social, economic and political inclusion of all, irrespective of age, sex, disability, race, ethnicity, origin, religion or economic or other status
- Promote equal opportunity by making infrastructure and education available for everybody
- Ensure equal chances of participation in society and politics
- Achieve the sustainable management and efficient use of natural resources
- Reduce waste production through waste prevention, reduction, recycling and reuse
- Decrease food waste at the retail and consumer levels and food losses along production and supply chains
- Develop and implement tools to monitor tourism, create jobs and promote local culture and products
- Maintain and enhance biodiversity
- Prevent loss of natural habitats
- Halt exploitation of nature
- Reduce deforestation and degradation of soil
Materials for preparation
For preparation of all committees we recommend the following publications of the Secretariat of the Alpine Convention:
or (for just a short introduction)
Here you can find a collection of good practices from all member countries plus transboundary projects.
Here you can look at an introductory video to YPAC 2020 that was made by a group of students of Karolinen-Gymnasium Rosenheim (P-Seminar: YPAC – Social Media / Presse) (en) (YouTube)
hawehiro is a podcast channel that publishes interviews with interesting people from Rosenheim and the surroundig area. Lucie Butenandt, Antina Thiesen und Jonas Mattig from Team Rosenheim were interviewed about YPAC this January.
You can listen to their interview here. (de) (Web)